Benefits of Dental Bonding
Are you familiar with the process known as dental bonding? It is part of restorative and cosmetic dentistry, and there are some benefits of dental bonding that make it a much better solution than other, more involved procedures. Patients of William Schlesinger, DDS should book a visit in our Upper East Side, NY office to learn if dental bonding is the right answer for their needs.
Your teeth can have a long list of esthetic issues, and even some minor damages, that bonding can actually address. Rather than delving into more invasive and extensive treatments, dental bonding could be a fast, simple and long-lasting answer.
After all, it is a good solution for:
- Patients who have cracked or chipped their teeth
- Patients who struggle with unevenly shaped, misshapen, or gapped teeth
- Permanently stained teeth that do not respond to professional whitening
- Teeth with decay that traditional fillings cannot address
This tells us that dental bonding is a good answer for a diversity of patients, but we haven’t yet examined the actual benefits of dental bonding when compared to other remedies such as porcelain veneers, inlays/onlays, or crowns.
If we were to consider those benefits as a list, they would have to include:
- They, typically, require only a single office visit to complete
- They are not as extensive or expensive as other options such as dental crowns or porcelain veneers
- They can supply a solution to many issues
- They do not put the teeth under the same stresses as other dental remedies. For example, you do not have to have much (if any) of the enamel removed or the structure of the tooth altered
- They are undetectable to the naked eye and perfectly match your teeth
The key to finding out if the benefits of dental bonding can work for you is to book a visit with your dentist in Upper East Side, NY. Dr. Schlesinger is incredibly experienced with dental bonding and happy to discuss whether bonding is the answer you need to some or all of your dental concerns.
If you have additional questions about the benefits of dental bonding, or should you have questions about some of the cosmetic and restorative treatments mentioned here, give us a call at our Upper East Side, NY office at 212-517-4660. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.